Monday, April 6, 2009

I Saw Little Green Men


Yep.. I saw them, thirteen of them and a couple of really big ones at the end. I've been hearing about the Martin Marathon for a while now, and this year was the one to run (if, for no other reason, just to get a shirt with a Martian popping out of it). I'd have to admit, it was a really fun race. I ended up getting a PR by about 30 seconds and came in 110th overall - not too bad for an old man.

The weather was great for running, the crowds were good, and the bananas were tasty. All together, not a bad race. The Expo lacked, and the route wasn't very scenic though. If you're looking for a fun and fast Spring Marathon/Half this would be the one; at least if you're local.

1 comment:

lvt4cats said...

Some of those Martians were blue or purple! Psychedelic Martians, man! Far out!