I just got back from an awesome bike ride through the back roads of Northern Oakland County. I thought I'd try something different today. I sat down at the computer and mapped out a route on mapmyrun.com since I wanted between 20-30 miles of hilly back roads and part of the rails-to-trails system but didn't have a defined route set as of yet.
I built a nice course, headed out, and was immediately glad that I mapped it. The head winds were horrible and I debated about cutting the ride short because of them. But, because I planned a route and wanted to stick to it, I pushed through, and felt better every time they abated.
The hills were great climbs and the descents were even better. The weather was chilly but sunny. And, the mapping gave me a goal to achieve. I'll definitely be doing more planned routes this year, maybe adding mileage or trying to get some PRs on the old routes.
No comments:
Post a Comment