It’s now less than six weeks to Boston! The days are just flying by.
As for the six mile recovery run that I did on Monday. It went great. I took my time the entire run and just enjoyed the nice weather and the other runners – people watching is great. I waited all day to see of the ligaments would tighten up or do any other weird aches, but nothing ever surfaced. Just to make sure it was healing up properly, I went out yesterday for a easy 12 mile run, to see if the added distance would bother the old legs. Nothing abnormal at all popped up.
I’m heading out for another easy 8 miler today and see how it goes. That pain really unnerved me and now I just can’t get past the feeling that something is going to pop at any moment. It’s weird how a little twinge or pop can really get the mind reeling; “is it leg better?”, “are those phantom pains or real?”, “did I rest long enough?”, “is it going to get worse?” And since my mind won’t let me get past it so easily, this is going to turn out to be a recovery week; just easy miles until next Monday to see how everything feels. Then go from there. If a problem still exists, six weeks before the race is still plenty of time for almost any injury to heal. And if the problem is gone, than a recovery week won’t hurt a thing. It’s taken years to get here, no hurry now.
Supposed to rain today – time to wash away the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment