Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My First Outdoor Bike Ride Of 2011 - Hill Repeats

Everyone wanted to do hill repeats, so Paula and I headed over to John and Jaime's house then straight for the back roads. Our plan, warm up on the back roads on the way to Markwood - aka "Marky Mark". This is the tallest, steepest, longest dirt road in the area. Once we got there, we set out to do as many repeats as were comfortably possible - I had no idea how many I could do, Jaime was going for 2-3 repeats, and John and Paula were aiming for 2 each.

The first went well - I kept Jaime in my sights all the way up, hit the top, and passed John and Paula finishing their climbs on my way down. At the bottom, Jaime and I waited for the others and headed up again. We ended up getting a total of 5 repeats, Jaime beating me to the top every time. Paula got a total of 4 repeats. And John got 2.5 repeats.


Afterward, we took our time cooling down on the trip home. The weather was perfect for the ride, the company was great, and the results were better than I expected - which led to a great first ride of 2011.

No comments: